Post Rhinoplasty 4 Days I Nudged My Nose. Did I Cause Damage?

I had a rhinoplasty 4 days ago and i have nasal cast on it. Today i slightly nudged my nose accidently whilst going to clean my eye. I actually dont remember how hard i nudged it but i dont think it was hard. Im just worried that i may have damaged it as i have a slight pain on the bridge if my nose. I assume the pain is solely from the fact that ive had the op so recently and not to do with me having nudged it?

See Your Surgeon To Be Safe

+1
You would have to see your surgeon to see if any damage occurred, although if the nudge wasn't so hard then you're probably okay since the cast would have protected your nose somewhat. Best of luck.

Nasal Trauma At 4 Days After Rhinoplasty

+1

Without physical examination it is hard to assess the damage, if existing, due to the accidental nudging. 

That being said, I recommend that you have your surgeon in the loop of what happened as he/she knows the full details of your surgery and will be able to assess any possible damage swiftly. 

Ususally, if the nudge was was not that intense and at a critical location, your nasal cast may have worked to your favor. I believe that when the cast is removed a thorough assessment could be done. 

Meanwhile, I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and to be more careful when cleaning your face and nose as nasal traumas tend to be harsh on a fresh nose out of surgery. 

Thank you for your inquiry. 

The best of luck to you. 

Dr. Sajjadian 

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS