Post-Rhinoplasty Callus Removal Treatment?

I had a Rhinoplasty 14 months ago. Now I have hump on the bridge due to a callus. How can I remove the callus? Do I need to go through another surgery? Are there any other injectables to remove it? Thank you.

Callus after Rhinoplasty

+1

Callus formation can occur after rhinoplasty. By waiting 14 months, you have allowed adequate time for healing, and may proceed with a small revision procedure to eliminate the fullness. It can be done with minimal anesthesia, recovery is much easier than you experienced with the original operation, and you should return to normal life very quickly.

Treatment of a Persistent Hump on Bridge

+1

Following a hump removal during rhinoplasty, it is very common for there to be excessive swelling over the central portion of the nasal bridge overlying the area where the boney hump was removed.

If the bone was adequately reduced, that bump should disappear as the swelling subsides over the first several months. If the hump persists beyond the first several months, it may indicate that the hump was not entirely reduced during the surgery.

Reduction of the residual hump can easily be performed with further rasping (filing down) of the hump through intranasal incsisions. There is usually minimal downtime and minimal bruising and swelling.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Procedure is Required

+1

A small secondary procedure to remove "bone callus" may be required in cases where a very significant bony hump is removed. This procedure can be done under either local anesthesia or perhaps with some IV sedation given and should take only a few minutes. Recovery is minimal. Fortunately this is a procedure that is not required very often.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon