Post Rhinoplasty Asymmetry? (photo)

I had a primary rhinoplasty in October 2012. My nose came out assymetrical. The surgeon decided to do a revision as soon as four months after, i.e. in February 2013. I can still see and feel irregularities in the same areas as before. The upper part feels like a hard bump and the lower part is still more elevated on the right side than on the left side (a hard lump stretching from the septum area to the base on the side). Could this be normal swelling or should I be concerned?

Post rhinoplasty

I would definitely give things time to settle down.  You have had two surgeries in less than a year and the area is still healing.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342-5029

Post Rhinoplasty Asymmetry?

Posted photo of the revision looks excellent. Allow a full 12 to 18 months of healing time. Best of luck. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Revision rhinoplasty

I think I answered this question already, but I will say your revision looks nice however you still have a lot of swelling and you will need to let it settle down.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Revision rhinoplasty results

The latest picture shows a very symmetrical result. It is too early to tell how everything will heal. Even though you feel irregularities this may all be swelling. The firmness in the nose that you feel is all related to the normal healing process. This will soften up. Follow your surgeon's instructions and wait at least a year after your last surgery before making any final assessments on the outcome.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

696 Hampshire Road
Westlake Village, CA 91361

Revision rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

Revision rhinoplasty results take 1 year. Be patient and return to your surgeon at the first of the year. 

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Do nothing for a year after revision rhinoplasty.

You do look better after the revision.  I would seat tight for a while, and let all the scar tissue soften.  You may well be happy enough with the outcome.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Post Rhinoplasty Asymmetry?

The nose is much improved with the revision, and it is too early to assess the final result.  Do not think about a revision for at least 6 months to a year.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210