Do I Have Post Rhinoplastic Infection?

Hi, I am 4 months post op from a 2nd revision surgery. This revision, the doc used acellular dermis. The healing went very well this time with minimal scar tissues developed. But since 2 days ago, I realized my nose is swelling up and slight burning and aching in my nose due to the swelling I think... This morning I noticed my lymph notes along my jawline to be swollen. Do I have an infection? What should I do? What is the likelihood that I have to remove the acellular tissue by surgery? Help!

Problem post-rhinoplasty

+2

It is very possible with the symptoms you are describing is an infection.  Pain , swelling and enalrged lymph nodes are predictors of just that. You should see your surgeon.

Tenderness and swelling in your nose after using acellular dermis in a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery could indicate infection.

+2

I read your concern. It seems like you would be best served by visiting your surgeon as soon as possible for evaluation and management. Your surgeon may recommend a course of antibiotics and possibly steroids depending on your condition. I hope this helps. Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+2

Pain, swelling, and enlaged lymph nodes culd very much be an infection. See your surgeon ASAP for proper examination and plan of treatment. Early intervention may save the acelluar matrix graft.

Do I Have Post Rhinoplastic Infection?

+1

You might want to go back and see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for evaluation as soon as possible to rule out an infection of the Alloderm graft.

Possible Post-op Rhinoplasty Infection

+1

Nasal swelling, burning, and aching along with swollen lymph nodes 4 months after your revision rhinoplasty may be symptoms of an infection. See your surgeon as soon as possible for evaluation and treatment.

Infection after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Jc2008, 

Thank you for your question. Swelling, burning, aching, and swollen lymph nodes suggest an infection. While uncommon, infections may occur anytime in the nose or surrounding areas after rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty. Typically, infections may be treated with antibiotics tablets. Speak with your physician who would be able to help you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon