POST RHINO: Do I Need a Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a Rhinoplasty 4 months ago to fix the dorsum (that was twisted to the right side after having a trauma) but I can still see my nose twisted! Do you consider I need a Revision Rhinoplasty? When I touch the right side of the dorsum I can feel a bone, but when I touch the left side, I cannot find that same bone.

Do I Need a Revision Rhinoplasty?

+2

It is difficult to determine if you need a revision because you had your surgery just 4 months ago. Wait another 6-8 months before considering additional surgery; your nose will probably change as healing progresses.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

After 4 months, you will still be healing and have residual swelling. Swelling can give the appearance of the following:

1) A larger nose
2) Asymmetry
3) Irregularities

If you can still see your nose twisted, this may be the result of swelling. In general, it is not always possible to get the nose 100% straight. If the nose has a different feeling to the touch on one side and you can't feel part of your nasal bones, it is likely you are more swollen on that side. I would wait before considering a revision rhinoplasty. It can take up to a year before your swelling is resolved. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon