Post Revisional Double Eyelid Surgery Concern - Dry Skin Around the Eyelids?

I had revisional double eyelid surgery 3 months ago. Unfortunately, my eyes still aren't much healed. Now, the skin around my eyelids are really dry and rough when touched. My incision crease on both eyes have a dark, thick dry skin. I searched and asked around but no one seems to experience such healing before. This is my 3rd revision btw. I had ptosis correction, fat-grafting and scar revision. should i be concern? I can't consult my doctor because I had it done overseas. Please advise.

You need really help for this.

+1

I do a lot of revisional asian and western eyelid surgery.  It is very challenging to live far from your surgeon.  Unfortunately, eyelids are not car engines.  With a car engine, the more you work on it, the better it gets.  With eyelids it is just the opposite.  It is worth your while to seen opinions regarding the eyes.  However, your eyelids still need to heal.  Carefully do your home work and find someone close to home who can help you.

You've painted yourself into an unenviable situation.

+1

Three operations on the eyelids is a lot knowing there are diminishing returns with each operation. Your surgeon is not immediately available. You should consult with the plastic surgeon who is experienced with eyelid surgery and its complications.

Concern- Dry Skin Around the Eyelids/ Post Blepharoplasty

+1

The first problem you have is lack of follow up with your Plastic Surgeon.  This is one of the big negatives for having Plastic Surgery overseas.  Based on the information you have given, you have had extensive Blepharoplasty Surgery.  I recommend that you schedule a trip to discuss these concerns with your Plastic Surgeon, so you can get these issues resolved.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD