Post Restylane Lip Injection?

Hi, today i finally had my very first lip injection. My doc used 1ml Restylane for my lips but i only managed to use half a syringe. The funny thing is that i don't have any swelling, bruising or much tenderness right after the injection. In fact, i feel pretty normal and only slight plumpness. But i read lots of review here that lots of ladies had immediate swelling or the next day. Is it normal for me not to feel anything at all? Does that mean that Restylane is not working for me?

Post Restylane Lip Injection?

+1

When it comes to lip injections, less is more. Using half a syringe in one treatment is not unusual for the lips. It should achieve a little augmentation that should appear natural. The nice thing about injecting half a syringe is that you can always add but it is harder to remove. As far as the lack of swelling, people swell differently so don't be alarmed. 

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Restylane lip injection

+1

The amount of swelling experienced really depends on the patient and the amount of filler injected. Every patient is different, and will experience a different degree of swelling. It sounds like a conservative approach was taken, and touch up with additional filler is a possibility if necessary. I would recommend speaking with your provider and see what they advise. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com

Post Restylane Lip Injection?

+1

Hi Judith,  Every patient reacts different to fillers, you had a very small amount injected and might be why you didn't have swelling or bruising. It's not to say that the product isn't there. You can always have more Restylane injected if you want a fuller look.

Best regards and enjoy your new lips!

Restylane and lip swelling

+1

Everyone reacts differently, but also the more filler you use on the lip the more they will probably swell.

Restylane for lips, minimal swelling after 1/2 syringe, that's good not bad. Blunt cannulas are great for the lips.

+1

Most patients will have some swelling after their Restylane injection in their lips because the product is hydrophilic, loves water, and therefore pulls in water and swells a little.  If you had blunt cannula technique and only a small amount of filler, the swelling should be minimal. Some of my patients go right out to lunch or dinner.  Please see the attached links and videos.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Web reference: http://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/the-best-way-to-get-your-lips-augmented-hyaluronic-acid-fillers-using-blunt-cann

No swelling post Restylane - is that ok?

+1

Swelling is something that many patients experience after Restylane, but some don't. It doesn't mean the Restylane isn't there or didn't work. Each patient will respond individually and a lot of swelling has to do with 1. the amount of Restylane injected (half a syringe is a small amount), 2. the type of injection technique that was used, and 3. the placement of the Restylane. Swelling should be expected, but isn't "required" to get a good result.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."