What Do You Suggest For Immediate Post Restylane Care? Had Injections Under Eyes/ (photo)

I had 1 syringe of Restalyne injected under eye (by my double certified surgeon) 4 days ago, and determined it was not enough so had another (almost full) syringe yesterday. I like the results, but I do have some bruising (to be expected) and lumping. How much massaging is okay? Am I redistributing or dissolving with massage? Also, if bruises last (I am olive skinned and bruise very easily) is it safe to use a V-Beam to remove, or will this dissolve the product?

Laser can reduce post injection bruising

+2

Don't massage, you could potentially move the product. I have been very happy with the use of PDL (pulsed-dye laser) for post-injection bruising. The laser doesn't erase the bruise but it helps it fade more quickly.

New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

What Do You Suggest For Immediate Post Restylane Care? Had Injections Under Eyes/

+2

Ice, more ice for a few days. If still with edema than return to the injecting doctor for evaluation. 

Post-restylane care

+2

Every doctor is a bit different.  Some recommend gentle massage for lumps, some recommend ice, and some recommend nothing. Ask your treating doctor.

Post Restylane care

+2

I recommend ice packs and no massaging! Patients can easily move fillers around and cause problems by touching and massaging their fillers. Don't do that. V-Beam and Laser Genesis are both safe to do within a day or so of Restylane to help with bruising, and I do have patients do Laser Genesis if needed. However, your bruising actually looks like it's already in the final healing stages so I think I'd skip the laser treatments and just let it resolve on its own.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Restylane under the eyes.

+2

It is possible to redistribute the product with massage so be careful..  The Veam works wonderfully for bruising and I recommend it now.  It will not dissolve the product but may cause some temporary swelling.  

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and massage

+1

I wouldn't recommend that you do the massage, but leave the product as it was placed and allow for swelling and bruising to subside. Then it's time to re-visit your provider if you feel there needs to be some manipulation or massaging, addition of product or whatever may need to be done, if anything.

Sam Naficy, MD

What Do You Suggest For Immediate Post Restylane Care? Had Injections Under Eyes

+1

Massaging 3 to 4 times a day is fine, and what you are doing is simply evening everything out, and helping to decrease the swelling and bruising .  I doubt that your bruising will last and  I would give it a couple of weeks before venturing to other avenues. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Under eye massage after filler is usually not recommended in the first few days.

+1

Your photos don't appear to show any actual problems with your treatment, though it is a little difficult to see where your doctor would have fit two entire cc's of filler under your eyes within a 4 day period. I would recommend ice packs only, low activity, and time to see how the bruising fades and the natural swelling resolves before taking on any other active treatment like laser or massage, which could move your filler and alter your results. I think you will do fine. See your injecting physician any time you have any questions. He should always be available with ideas or to reassure.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Swelling after Restylane Injection Under Eyes

+1

Swelling after Restylane injection is very common.  I recommmend that my patients not massage because it is very easy to move the product and change your end result. 

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon