I Am a Post Renal Transplant Patient (17 Yrs) I Was Wondering if Any PS Have Done Breast Implants on These Type of Patients?

I have had 3 surgeries after my transplant. C-section, gall bladder removal and hernia repair.

Breast implants in immunocompromised patients.

+1

The two issues at stake here are the use of a prosthetic devices when you are immunocompromised and the effect of anesthesia on your transplanted kidney. We use implants all the time in patients undergoing chemotherapy (think breast reconstruction) with a very low incidence of infection and thus this is not a direct contraindication. As for the kidney issues with surgery, coordinating your surgery with involvement of your nephrologist is key. The bottom line is yes, you can have a breast augmentation if you have a kidney transplant.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants on immunosuppression

+1

Like any thing else there are risks and being on immuno suppression will slightly increase the risk.If you are otherwise heaklthy and your internist reviews your recent labs and all is okay then I think it would be fine.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Transplants and cosmetic surgery

+1

Immunosuppression is not a contraindication for implants.  Obviously, any endeavor should be coordinated with your transplant nephrologist for clearance.  Otherwise, if you are doing well from your transplant, you should see a board certified plastic surgeon for your consultation.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmenetation and renal transplant

+1

If you are otherwise healthy and get the green light from your renal doctor, then it shoudl be ok to have breast implants.

Renal Transplant Patient and implants

+1

I did a breast augmentation on a renal transplant patient just last week.  As long as you are in otherwise good health, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to have this surgery done.  Certainly a breast augmentation shouldn't be any more risky than the surgeries you have already had.

Kidney Transplant and Breast Augmentation

+1

I usually have at least one or two patients a month who have had kidney transplant who pursue cosmetic surgery.  With proper medical management, the kidney transplant recipient can have breast augmentation if other health parameters are adequate.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Breast Augmentation after Renal Transplantation?

+1

Yes,  I have taken care of several patients who have had renal transplants in the past. This is best done after communication with the patient's physicians who know her best. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/

Implants after renal transplant

+1

Unlike your previous surgeries, breast implants are completely elective procedures. This changes the risk benefit ratio. All surgery has risk associated with it. It is one thing to undergo surgery to correct a condition that if uncorrected will make you sicker as opposed to taking those same risks for surgery to correct a condition that does not affect your health even though it does affect the way you feel about yourself. The only ones who can help you determine whether for you the benefits outweigh the risks are your regular doctors and your plastic surgeon. They all need to be involved in the decision with you. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon