How to Get Rid of Abdominal Pouch After Pregnancy?

I am a mother of two and had an emergency C-section about a year ago. Now, I have not had a problem getting rid of the weight, but I ended up with a small pouch in the front. I would love to avoid surgeries to get rid of it. I am doing what is suggested for exercise and eating healthy. Is anything else I can do, exercise or surgery-wise, to help?

Abdominal pouch after pregnancy

+1

I agree you need a diastasis recti repair with a short scar tummy tuck incision. Best of Luck. Go see 3 board certified Plastic Surgeons.

Pooch after pregnancy

+1

Totally agree with Dr. Zingaro.

Your rectus abdominis (six pack) muscles were irreveribly separated by your 2 pregnancies. They are never going to be pulled together regardless of any excercise regimen you put yourself on.

The best way to get rid of "the pooch" is to put those muscles together. From the photograph you posted you will probably do EXTREMELY well with a Mini-Abdominoplasty (including muscle repair).

If you are done having your family, this is your best option.

Good Luck.

Abdominal weakness

+1

You probably have what is called "diastasis recti". The strong tissue between your abdominal rectus muscles is stretched out and weakened. Surgery is the only way to try to correct this. You should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon in your area. Go to www.plasticsurgery.org to find someone.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD