Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?

I have skin wrinkles inches past the belly button, all the way down to the pubic region. Some of them are half an inch wide. It was all because I had a baby who had a growth spurt in the last 8 weeks all of a sudden. To add to it all, I developed pre-eclampsia and gained 2 stone in one month! Do I need to have a Tummy Tuck for this?

Loose skin after pregnancy

+2

It would be helpful to see pictures.

However, from your description of the degree of skin looseness, a tummy tuck may be in your future.

Only the tummy tuck can tighten the skin significantly enough to remove large amounts of loose skin.  Liposuction with any technique cannot.

Cure for lower abdominal wrinkles or stretch marks

+1

As of this date, we do not have a good laser or energy source treatment for what you are describing. Therefore, some form of Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is the way to go.

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck is the only way to reduce the extra skin

+1

You need a tummy tuck to reduce your redundant skin. There's no other  way to do it - not laser, not Thermage.

There are several different 'patterns' of abdominoplasty so make sure the surgeon you choose can choose the right pattern for you. But it's a big operation so be prepared.