Options for Addressing Post Pregnancy Belly?

I am only 19 and after having my son, I have loose baggy skin with wrinkles. At a consultation i was told a full tummy tuck with hernia repair(umbilical hernia) was needed. I have a 2 inch seperation in my lower abdominal area. I was just wondering, are there any other options that would help, and if it is too soon to get this done? 

Post pregnancy tummy

+3

It appears from your pic that you have classic post pregnancy stretching of skin and muscle in your abdomen. Usually, one would wait 6 months to a year after delivery before considering reconstruction. A tummy tuck will remove all the skin between the belly button and pubis and allow tightening of the abdominal muscles to restore the girdle effect.(so it does not bulge forward from the side view.) You must also consider if you plan future pregnancies as this would most likely affect the result by again stretching skin and muscles.

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Sorry! No easy fixes for post pregnancy belly

+2

You probably need a tummy tuck to get rid of the skin laxity and excess after your pregnancy. With my younger patients such as yourself, I advise them to consider when and if they will have more children. If it is in the way distant future, I think it is okay to do it at your age, providing you understand that future pregnancies might stretch out your tummy again.

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Options for post pregnancy belly

+1

At your age I'm concerned that future pregnancies negate the doing of a tummy tuck. I recommend at least 3 consults with board certified plastic surgeons. Regards.