Any Post-Pixel Alternatives to Aquaphor?

I had Pixel laser done yesterday and am now slathered with Aquaphor. (I think the laser was on a pretty low setting, as my face is only slightly red with faint grid-marks and I'm experiencing virtually no discomfort.) The technician who did the Pixel told me to apply Aquaphor for the next four days. I'm very acne-prone (in fact the Pixel was done to help with mild acne scarring), and am wondering if there is any alternative? or will the Pixel just slough away the clogged pores?

Pixel and Aquaphor

+2

Pixel should only be performed by a qualified individual. In Florida, that is a physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. I suggest only having the procedure performed by a plastic surgeon certified by the AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY as the procedure, if done correctly, will cause what appears to be a burn and plastic surgeons are burn surgeons. It is frightening that a "technician" performed your procedure and it may not be legal. Since your problem is acne scarring, a low setting will not work. I use a very high setting with 6 to 12 passes so you look like hell for a few days but at least I'm treating the problem.

With that said, the answer to your question is any petroleum based product will work.

Good luck!

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon