Post Otoplasty Ear Rebounding?

Had my procedure 3 weeks ago. I wear the provided headband at night and during the day as much as i can. The main reason i wear it during the day is that when i take it off, they look awesome. Perfect. But after around 15 mins they come out again and it doesn't look too nice. If i wear the headband as they heal will they stay back? Is this just some post op stuff? Will they look like they do when i take the band off in the future? Also, my doctor didnt say much about working out,When can i lift?

3 weeks ago otoplasty but ears are coming out again after taking off bandage

This could be due to swelling and will resolve and your ear will be more permanently medialized and pinned back the way you want. 3 weeks is too early to decide on changing things. I would wait and follow up with your physician and give him a change to monitor it and make sure things turn out the best for you.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rebounding otoplasty

It depends how much rebounding there is. Usually wearing a headband, the ears appear tighter than they will end up. Ask your surgeon again. I let all me patients exercise 2 weeks after surgery provided there is no damage or trauma to the ears.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon