Post Otoplasty Ear Rebounding?

Had my procedure 3 weeks ago. I wear the provided headband at night and during the day as much as i can. The main reason i wear it during the day is that when i take it off, they look awesome. Perfect. But after around 15 mins they come out again and it doesn't look too nice. If i wear the headband as they heal will they stay back? Is this just some post op stuff? Will they look like they do when i take the band off in the future? Also, my doctor didnt say much about working out,When can i lift?

3 weeks ago otoplasty but ears are coming out again after taking off bandage

+1

This could be due to swelling and will resolve and your ear will be more permanently medialized and pinned back the way you want. 3 weeks is too early to decide on changing things. I would wait and follow up with your physician and give him a change to monitor it and make sure things turn out the best for you.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rebounding otoplasty

+1

It depends how much rebounding there is. Usually wearing a headband, the ears appear tighter than they will end up. Ask your surgeon again. I let all me patients exercise 2 weeks after surgery provided there is no damage or trauma to the ears.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon