Unhappy With Breast Size, Is A Revision An Option For Me?

Hi, I had very small breast with 12.5 cm breast width and firm skin,Im 5'3" and 110lb, 24 years old. My surgeon decided to put 330 silicon Nagor Impleo High profile for me subpectorial dual plane. I wanted to go bigger but he told me its not possible to go bigger and it may cause some problems, but now after surgery I wish I had gone bigger (360 or 375). I want to know your opinion on my results and I want to know that can I have a revision surgery some years later and go bigger?

Bigger?

+2
Judging from the photo, I think you've gone as large as possible and perhaps even a bit too large although time will tell. The implants should settle down and drop a little. I agree with your surgeon and would not increase implant size. The implants need to be suitable for your body and going larger imposes a degree of risk of complications that I personally would not find appropriate or necessary. Sometimes as doctors, we have to say no to patients and I think your surgeon did absolutely the right thing.

Breast Implant Revision - Unhappy With Breast Size, Is A Revision An Option For Me?

+2

Hi,

At three weeks post-op, you should not be considering anything other than letting your body heal.  I realize that's easy for me to say, but the first steps are to get through the surgery safely (that's been done), have a result that you're generally happy with OR that your surgeon feels was appropriate for your body (done!) and, finally, let your body accommodate to its new implants.

From what I can tell, your surgeon did an excellent job in providing you with implants as large as he/she thought were possible.  Some would argue they're already too large on your body (ie, that they look a little "implanty" even at this point) but that's a purely speculative discussion that doesn't help you at this point.  And I agree with others that 20 or 40 or even 60 cc's will make no difference at all.

Here's what I would advise:  let your body heal, see how things go over the next few months and if you're still unhappy at SIX months, start speaking with your plastic surgeon.  I would advise giving it that long before you even start the discussion.  And I would probably not want to reoperate before about one year...

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation size

+2

This is the most common complaint of patients after a breast augmentation. They wish they would have gone bigger. Patients like yourself, are limited as to how big they can go because of the amount of breast tissue they have along with the measurements of their chest wall. I think you have achieved the largest size possible. I tell my patients to wait 1 year and then if they want to, they can go bigger. A year should be enough time for the skin to stretch to hold a bigger implant.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Increasing the size of your breast implants

+2

Based on your photos, it appears that your skin is tight already from the 330cc implants and that a larger size implant would only make your breasts look even rounder and slightly unnatural. The 30-40cc increase isn't really going to make much of a change in your bra size. This may be ok if this is an early result. I would wait at least six months after your surgery to allow the skin and tissues to relax before considering a larger implant.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast contouring, #BreastAugmentation, #Breastlift, #mastopexy

+2

Dear Ms in Tehran

Breast implant size can be the most difficult part in doing breast augmentation. As it is early after your surgery- the entire chest wall is swollen and thus makes your breast appear smaller than the final result will be.  The skin and tissue of your breasts will soften and there will be a change in shape as the swellng goes down.  You may decide in time that the size is perfect! Your breast implants are almost beyond the borders of the lateral chest and are approximating the midline.... so going much bigger - you have to be careful.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Going Larger with Revision Breast Surgery

+2

Based on your photos I think your results are the largest that could be achieved in one operation. Yes, it is possible that, in the future, a larger implant may be used safely.

Breast augmentation

+2

Pushing the limits of the skin envelope during the first operation may not give a favorable outcome.  A revision in a few months may be possible after the tissue expands.

450 high profile possible with 12.5 cm breast width

+2

Every case is individualized, but based on a breast width of 12.5 cm, Allergan style 20 high profile 450 cc gel implants with a base width of 12.4 cm, could be appropriate.  

The base width measurement is a starting point for putting some sensible limits on breast implant volume. Thin, tight skin also must be taken into account, so points to your plastic surgeon for looking out for your welfare.

Here is some information from the Style 20 high profile gel implant matrix:

450 cc   12.4 cm

425 cc   12.0 cm

400 cc   11.9 cm

375 cc   11.7 cm

350 cc   11.4 cm

325 cc 11.2 cm  

Conclusion:  360-375 would fit, if all other considerations were favorable, in a base width of 12.4 cm.

When you are stretched out and the skin/breast envelope is relaxed in 6-12 months, it would be reasonable to consider re-augmentation to a larger size, based on your base width measurements and implant sized in the table above.   Compare the available implant size/width matrix in Tehran with those available from Allergan in US.  If they are similar you could larger. Principle is the same.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation, Bigger Size Implants

+2

It is important you be happy with the results, but at the same time you have to remember the results are limited by your anatomy. Your skin is so tight now that I would definitely be worried about using larger implants at this time.  However, if you wait a few years, as you said, then I think it might be feasible to go with larger volumes.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Augmentation Revision - Going Larger

+2

Dear M-s in Tehran:

Thank you for the photos. It looks like your surgeon did push the limits your breast augmentation three weeks ago. The breast skin it tight and shiny. Going larger as a primary operation would not have been recommended as the risks of malposition is increased. You current shape will not be your "final" shape, and the skin in the breast will grow in response to the implants. For now the best course of action is to wait and heal.

Spend the time researching the problems associated with large breast implants, and discuss them with your surgeon. Explore what size would be your ideal size, and see what uninvited the guests the larger implants may bring along with them. I can't say with certainty that you will have more problems with larger implants, but I can say that it certainly increases your risks. 

Those of us who do a lot of breast augmentation revision know enough about the damage that large implants cause that we don't want to give you a new and worse problem; however, your happiness is part of the equation. If after a year, you are still miserable with your current result, it will be possible, and more predictable to replace your current breast implants with larger ones.

Most plastic surgeons would not choose a larger implant without you demanding it, and knowing that you understand and accept the risks associated with large breast implants. Let your breasts heal, do your homework and try to focus on all the things that are right about your current result, because you will be trading some of them away with larger implants.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon