Is it Normal for One Eyelid to be Drooping 3 Weeks After Blepharoplasty?

After recent (3 weeks ago) blepharoplasty of the upper lids, my left lid is droopy with some swelling. My doc said come back in 3 weeks and prescribed lube drops. Is this normal for one eye to droop and the other not at this stage. Also I am still using the neomycin and dexamethasone oinment for the suture scars. I'm concerned since the dexamethasone is a steroid, and perhaps I'm over using it. Could I use just a triple antibiotic ointment as well? thanks

Droopy eyelid after blepharoplasty

+1

Using ointment at this point is not needed.  The droopy upper eyelid could be from residual swelling of the upper eyelid or it could have been present prior to the blepharoplasty.  Blepharoplasty only removes excess skin from the upper eyelids.  It does NOT actually lift the eyelids. If there is true droopy upper eyelids (ptosis), then that requires ptosis surgery by tightening the muscle responsible for lifting the eyelids.  You should wait at least 3 months from your surgery to allow any residual swelling to subside.  If at that time there is still droopy eyelid, then you might need ptosis surgery.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon