1 Months Post Op Rhinoplasty, There's a Little Bit of Blood When I Clean Nose with Saline and Q-Tips, Normal?

It's been almost 5 weeks after rhinoplasty. I've been cleaning my nose saline and q-tips but most of the time there seems to be a little bit of wet blood on the q-tip after cleaning. Is this normal?

+1

I don't recommend that my Rhinoplasty patients stick anything inside their nose, including Q-tips which, which IMHO can disrupt sutures and incision lines.  You however should ask and follow the instructions of your Rhinoplasty Surgeon during your post Rhinoplasty stage.

Blood Seen When Cleaning Nose 5 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to see blood when cleaning your nose 5 weeks post rhinoplasty. You may be irritating the nasal lining when cleaning your nose. I do not instruct my patients to continue cleaning 5 weeks after their rhinoplasty. I suggest that you schedule a meeting with your surgeon to examine your nose.

One month post rhinoplasty

+1

Be gentle. Some small amount so bleeding may be normal jsut 4-5 weeks after a rhinoplasty.  If concerned, check with your doctor.   

Bit of Blood on Q-Tips

+1

A little bit of bleeding is quite common in the first few weeks and months.  Keep the inside of the nose coated with Vaseline and do less aggressive cleaning.

Sam Naficy, MD