Post Op RhinoPlasty Swelling, Numbness, and Hardening?

I had my rhinoplasty performed 2 weeks ago, my doctor corrected my shifted septum which curved to the right and the hump and he also defined the right tip of my nose as I had previous scar tissue on that side from my first rhinoplasty. I am now experiencing some numbness and hardening on the right side of my nose where most of the work was performed? Is this normal and will be it going down part of the swelling or can it be reoccurring scar tissue??

Post op swelling after a rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have some degree of swelling to the tip of the nose for the first 12 months after surgery.  Some individuals are more prone the this condition including those with thicker nasal skin.  Gentle massage may be of some benefit.

Issues at 2 wks

+1

At two weeks it two early to tell what is going on

Numbness, firmness etc are all normal for some time after surgery

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Swelling, Hardness, and Numbness 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling which is always present 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty  does cause the hardness you describe. Temporary numbness is frequently present. Your post operative course is normal.

Post-rhinoplasty changes

+1

Firmness and numbness are fairly common  after rhinoplasty surgery, it should get better with time.