How Does a Post-op Nose Change As You Age?

I had a rhinoplasty 5 years ago (osteotomies to narrow my bridge and tip refinement). My nose still looks normal, but as time has progressed it has continued to "morph" slightly. My tip cartilages have become slightly more visible (they are tiny and pointy) and my alar creases are more prominent. Overall, my nose looks more "done" and sharper than it did just 2 years ago. How will my nose continue to change as I age? Should I expect to need a revision one day?

Post operative nose five years

+2
At this point you should not see any changes in the nose to the particular areas you are discussing. All noses change slightly with the natural aging process and also with extensive weight gain or loss. Five years post rhinoplasty your results should be final excluding the aforementioned circumstances. Best regards!

Post Operative Changes to Nose As You Age

+1

A nose can change by the skin thinning, the nose dropping, and if you’ve had previous rhinoplasty. If there was ever a deformity, it can become more transparent over time.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Changes after rhinoplasty

+1

The extent to which your changes beyond 5 after surgery depends on a number of factors:

• How much structure (cartilage and bone) was removed at time of surgery
  • Whether you have any injury to the nose
  • How thin your skin is
  • Whether your face loses much fat

Sam Naficy, MD