Post-op Lap Band - When Can I Return to Work?

I have a normal 9-5 desk job with occasional lifting (file boxes, etc). How long do I need to take off after lap band surgery?

When You Return to Work After Lap-Band Surgery

+1

With a routine recovery patients should be able to resume their normal activities within 5 - 7 days after the surgery. It is recommend that patients plan to take a week off work after the procedure.

Mississauga Bariatric Surgeon

Recovery after lab band surgery

+1

Most patients are able to get back to work after a week post op from a lap band specially if you have a desk job. Everyone has different healing time so it s important to check with your surgeon. Even with laparoscopic gastric bypass most patients can get back to work quickly.

Houston Bariatric Surgeon

Return to work after Bariatric Surgery.

+1

All of the procedures for weight loss are now done laparoscopically and the return to work from any of the laparoscopic procedures is relatively short. I have had patients who have returned to work within a few days after lap band surgery and even laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery. The recommended period of time would be at least seven days. There should be no heavy lifting for at least six weeks.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

Return to work after Lap-Band

+1

Patients can usually return to work within 7 days of Lap-Band surgery.  With the SILS (single incision technique) we use patients usually return to work in 3 days.  The only restriction is no heavy lifting for  about 4 -6 weeks.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.