Would SmartLipo work to remove and tighten Thigh "Sacks"?

I have triangular sacks of skin and fat that are in my inner thighs. No matter how much gym time etc. these areas go not tone and run together. At 31 these look like deflated areas on a older person. Would SmartLipo work to remove and tighten this or is only a traditional thigh lift going to help. I have lost 205 lbs and 7 years post op. AJ

Loose skin on inner thighs after weight loss

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss of 205 pounds! That's an incredible accomplishment!  You are correct that diet and exercise won't tighten loose skin.  After such a drastic weight change, your skin has lost its elastic properties and won't snap back anymore.  It sounds like you will need a thigh lift (either a crescent excision or a vertical thigh incision, or both) to remove that loose skin.  Please see a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes!

Thigh lift: Your only choice after losing more than 200 pounds

+1

I do a great deal of work with gastric bypass patients and unfortunately the only thing that will work in your situation is a thigh lift. Smartlipo will do little to nothing for your thighs.

Mark Broudo, MD

Laser assisted lipolysis (liposuction) in the inner thighs

+1

Given your history, I would recommend thigh lift over smart lipo for this particular purpose. Smart lipo may work well for localized fatty deposits but when related to lax skin it may have a greater tendency for lumpiness in the inner thigh region which is challenging for ANY technology..