Best Garments and Gadgets for Recovery from Breast Augmentation?

Since my last breast augmentation 20 years ago, it appears that many new post-op items have come onto the market including: compression bras with "breast enhancers", velcro breast bands to help implants drop, memory foam bed wedges, petal shaped ice packs made specifically for the breast, arnica and bromelin supplements to reduce swelling- and many more. Out of ALL of these items, what are the BEST post-op garments and gadgets to invest in? Any items that truly stand out with your patients?

Things to help with breast augmentation results

+1
I normally just recommend a good sports bra or other good supportive bra to wear after breast augmentation surgery as well as, in some cases, a tensor bandage wrapped around the top portion of the breasts. 

Best post-op treaments after augmentation

+1

I am not a big fan of bands and I have not toys to offer patients. I recommend a soft bra just to hold some dressing, and then recommend massage for most patients..

The best compression garments after breast augmentation

+1

The best garments depend on your anatomy. The best compression garment may be none acoording to some surgeons who prefer to minimzie compression and strongly encourage movement after surgery. However, patients with significant asymmetry may derive tremendous benefits from the use of these garments in the post operative period.

Btreast Gadgets

+1

I always have my patients wear a sports bra post op for the first week or two.sometimes I have them wear a breast strap across the top of their breast to push the implants down and keep them from riding high.thy usually wear this for a week or two.After that wear what you want.How your breast look after the surgery depends on the operation more than the post op garments.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

The technique of breast augmentation is more important than gadgets.

+1

Gadgets are gadgets.  If you don't have a good operation to begin with then no matter what you invest in it will not help.  If you start with a quality operation then I don't think it matters what you use.

My patients experience a very rapid recovery and about 25% never take any pain medication other than Ibuprofen and Tylenol and it has NOTHING to do with what is done after the surgery as far as bandaging.  It has EVERYTHING to do with technique.  I lose less than 3-5 ml of blood for the ENTIRE procedure, so I don't need to give people herbal medications to decrease bruising and swelling because my patients don't get as much to begin with.

Invest in a good surgeon -- don't invest in the gadgets and gimmicks to make up for poor surgery.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon