Post Op Day 6 and Still Feeling Pain After Breast Lift/Aug?

I am post op 6 days after a breast lift and augmentation. I am having a lot of pain at the bottom incision where the implant was put it. It is better when laying down. Is this normal? Shouldn't I be feeling better by now? I might have overdone it the last two days. I will call my doctor tomorrow.

Persistent pain

+1

The skin was excised and stretched to allow the implant placement.  It is not surprising this is the point where you are having maximum pain.  It will improve in time, however if it persists then you need to follow up with your physician.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Some degree of discomfort is quite normal at this stage. However, you are doing the right thing by following up with your plastic surgeon who can rule out complications as a source of continued discomfort.

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Recovery from a breast lift and augmentation does take a while and just about 6 dyas out is too soon to not have some symptoms of discomfort.  If concerned, then you should see your doctor.

Early Recovery After Breast Augmentation

+1

Recovery after after breast augmentation, with or without a lift, takes a lot longer than one week. A realistic time frame for full recovery is in the range of three to six weeks. So what you are experiencing is perfectly normal and to be expected at this early time period after surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Pain after breast lift and augmentation

+1

It is completely normal to experience this pain soon after surgery.  Certainly there are instances where pain is abnormal such as poor wound healing, infection, abnormal swelling, nerve injury, etc.  However based on your question, I would guess that your pain is quite normal.  The best advice is to speak to your surgeon or have your wounds examined if there is any concern.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon