Recommended Post-op Care After Mole Removal?

I had a mole shaved on my face about a week ago. I have since been using hydrogen peroxide + neosporin + band aid on it but it hasn't yet formed a scab. I was wondering if I was delaying healing by using hydrogen peroxide + neosporin and if it was recommended to not use these anymore? Also, are there any recommendations for scar preventions (Vit K/Vit.A/Scar creams or gels)? Thank you.

Wound Care After Mole Removal

Except for the hydrogen peroxide, you are doing the right things. Peroxide is toxic to new cells, so current knowledge lets us know it is best to avoid.

It does not sound like an issue in your case, but Neosporin is causing allergic rashes in up to 30% of people now. It has been around so long and used so much, it may have outlived its usefulness.

Keeping wounds covered is part of the "new" way of caring for skin. It does not "need air to heal" as the old myth goes. It gets its oxygen from the blood supply, not the air.

Finally what to put on to reduce or prevent scarring? Studies show Aquaphor ointment or Vaseline works best!

I know advertisers promote all kinds of other "scar creams," but, unless there is a raised or abnormal healing response, nothing fancy is needed or even likely to help.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon