Post Op Breast Reduction Size?

I am 6 weeks post op breast reduction. I was hoping to go down from a UK 30H to about a 30E as I thought thus was a realistic Reduction. I went to buy my first bra since the op and To my horror am now a full 30FF! I was so upset as I feel that I have gone through This just to have the same probs I had before! So disappointed and upset

Post Op Breast Reduction Size

+3

At just six weeks following breast reduction surgery, it is very likely that you are still considerably swollen.  It may take another 2 to 4 months or more to shrink down to your final size and shape.   Watching your fluid and salt intake and wearing a moderately compressive sports bra will help speed the process.  But don't loose faith,  give things a little more time.    

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Breast Size after Breast Reduction?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment you are experiencing after breast reduction surgery. Keep in mind, that that 6 weeks, you are not seeing the final results of the procedure performed. Your breasts will continue to change over the course of the next few months and even year.

Also, be careful about basing your satisfaction with the operation performed on achieving a specific cup size;  as you know, breast cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.

I would suggest that you exercise continued patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  In the long-term, if the breasts continue to be too large for you,  further breast reduction surgery is an option.

Breast reduction and final size

+1

You  may get a little smaller as the swelling goes down. It is hard to predict cup size because all bra companies are different.

Breast reduction problems

+1

It sounds like you still have a substantial amount of breast tissue remaining.  It would be best to be able to see before and after pictures and here exactly what problems you are still having.   How much tissue, in grams, was removed?  Please confer with your surgeon.  Don't rely on breast bra size to judge the result.  Look at your before and after pics and decide.  Sometimes liposuction is a good adjuvant to reduce breast volume.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD