Post-mole Red Ring

2 weeks ago, I had a 1/8-inch mole shaved off of my nose by my dermatologist. During the 1st week, I applied Aquaphor and Bandaids, and while healing a 1/2-inch red ring appeared around the wound. After 1 week, the wound healed and the red ring was greatly diminished. But after a few days the red ring returned, looking as it did a week ago. I also suffer with rosacea. Could that ailment be affecting the healing process? My follow-up is 1 week out. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mole removal

There could be a number of factors causing this redness.  You could be sensitive or allergic to the adhesive of the bandaid or possibly to the ointment that you are putting on the area.  I would recommend that you see your physician for an evaluation.