Post- Body Jet Lipo Pain

I am 12 days post Body Jet liposuction to my lower abs, flanks, hips, banana roll and thighs. I've experienced some minor swelling and my bruises are slowly fading. I feel well though still a bit sore. I have a strange "tearing" sensation when I move and stretch areas that were treated. To me, it feels like the healing if newly connected fat tissue to the fascia is pulling/tearing. Should I gently stretch these areas with slight pain to retain flexibility, or should I stop to allow healing?

Post- Body Jet Lipo Pain

+2

It is normal to have some discomfort in the treated areas that soon after surgery.  At this point you should be able to doing some light exercising without causing any damage.  She soreness will gradually go away.

Pain after liposuction is common

+2

It is normal to have pain when you move or stretch the treated areas. I encourage people to resume light cardio after two weeks but not to specifically stretch the tight areas.  You won't do any damage after two weeks but it is uncomfortable and doesn't speed the healing. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Body Jet

+1
Yes, it is normal to still have some swelling and discomfort 12 days from body jet liposuction. I would recommend some light exercise, low salt diet and compression garments to help reduce the swelling. You can also gently massage the areas that were treated if you can tolerate it. Good luck!

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon