Post Lipo Bulges- Will They Go Away With Time? (photo)

Can you tell me if the bulge on my left side will ever go away? I had lipo 10 weeks ago and this was present immediately after surgery. I have paid for additional endermologie treatments (12 total) and have not seen any improvement. I also see some surface irregularties under my belly button area along with dropped skin on the right side of my belly button. Normal??

Post Lipo Bulges- Will They Go Away With Time?

+1

I do think that you will likely see some continued smoothing out of the areas you mention. I will also say that you might need a little touch up work to totally smooth it out. I think some small amount of syringe liposuction might be able to get rid of some of the irregularities in the future if they do not totally go away.

Post liposuction bulges.

+1

At 10 weeks, patience is recommended. You may find that as the final swelling resolves and the skin contracts that this area improves. Touchup liposuction is an option to improve this area should the bulge persist.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What are these bulges after liposuction? Help!

+1

At 10 weeks following surgery, the vast majority of the swelling should be resolved. If however there are firm areas they still can continue to improve over time. Having endermology treatmentsis a good thing and will help these results. The lower abdomen, unfortunately, is one of the most difficult areas to get perfectly smooth and even. Endermology can be effective and I congratulate you on using it. Occasionally a touchup liposuction is necessary. Also to consider would be to treat the residual areas of bulging, if they persist, with another modality such as  cool sculpting by Zeltique. Dr. Hunstad

Joseph Hunstad, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

At ten weeks postop it is still too early to evaluate the final results of surgery. It may take several months before  all swelling to resolve and for the skin to fully redrape at which point you should evaluate the outcome of surgery. at that point if the bulge is still an issue ( and consists of residual adipose tissue) revisionary surgery may be helpful.

Lumps and irregularities 10 weeks after liposuction

+1

At 10 weeks you still have swelling, the amount of which would also be dependent on the liposuction technique used and the associated skill. It can take upwards of 6 months for most of the swelling to subside so give this at least another 3 - 4 months before you have a better idea of the situation. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

At 10 weeks there still is a possibility of some improvement but after 12 weeks I doubt you will see any more changes. Consider external ultrasound therapy, better late than never. Otherwise revision lipo might be a choice. 

Bulges after liposuction

+1

Liposuction can accentuate different muscles in different ways. The photos is diffiuclt to see, but it could be residual fat as well or even swelling. Being that you are only 10 weeks post liposuction you  may wan to give it some more time before getting too concerned.

Bulge is actually muscle - the external oblique

+1

That bulge is actually muscle - the external oblique.  It will not go away, and if it did, your contour would look abdnormal.  Even extremely lean people have a muscle bulge here.  Hard to comment on the surface irregularities without seeing your before photos.  Certainly any irregularities appear quite minor and your result looks quite acceptable.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Bulges after liposuction

+1

You are still early because of the swelling. These bulges could be swelling or remaining fat.

Endodermology (Junk Medicine) it is a fancy massage, will not do anything to the fat, may mobilize the fluid.

If these bulges remain after 6-12 weeks then will need liposuction revision.