Post-laser Dark Pegmented Areas Are Darker??

I have just had the C02 laser treatment for hyper pigmentation but the areas have gone a much darker brown, is this normal for immediate post laser?

Laser resurfacing can make dark spots darker on facial skin

+1

laser resurfacing can make dark spots darker on facial skin. The remedy is to wait 4-8 weeks and then laser again or treat with lightening creams and Retin A

Chicago Dermatologist

Pigmentation after CO2

+1

It is not uncommon to get hyper-pigmentation after CO2 laser , as the cells that produce the pigment are stimulated by the laser. Usually a course of bleaching topical creams will reverse this. I recommend you follow up with your doctor.

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon