Post Gallbladder Removal: Feeling Sick and Leakage from Inside Belly Button?

I had my gallbladder removed 2.5 months ago. My top three incisions healed very nicely but the incision at my belly button took forever to heal because of infection. So, I was fine for a few weeks but then a few days ago inside my belly button ( not the incision) there was discharge that was yellow and bloody and smelled awful. There's also a hole inside my belly button. Any ideas what this could be?

Endoscopic gallbladder Infection at the Umbilicus.

+1

Greetings,

Get back to your gallbladder surgeon for an evaluation, ASAP.   What you describe sounds like a continuing infection.  The extend of the problem requires an immediate examination by your doctor, diagnosis, and treatment.

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Drainage after gallbladder removal

+1

It is impossible to tell what is going on just from your description and without pictures or an in person exam. You should make an appointment to see your surgeon as soon as possible and get this checked out. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon