Post Fraxel:Restore Treatment Concern?

So Ive done 1 Fraxel Restore 4 days ago. It was meant to be on a scar on my mid right cheek. However, The Doctor did my whole right mid cheek area. She said they usually treat it around the scar as well for better result. Its been 4 days my right cheek its like still dark purple red, crusting, kinda sting itchy sometimes. If i put sunscreen on it cant be wash off cause i cannot rub my skin and it feel so rough sandpaper like along with those side effect. She said 3-4 days heal...so frustrated.

Fraxel for scars

+1

Keep the area moist with a product such as Aquaphor, wash very gently, avoid the sun, use cold compresses and see your doctor.  The sandpaper feeling will  peel off in a few more days, you will feel more comfortable and must protect your skin from the sun.

Toronto Dermatologist

Fraxel:restore for Scar Improvement

+1

Fraxel:restore has a FDA indication for the improvement of scars. I include Fraxel:restore laser skin resurfacing to all my facelifts, eyelid surgery, and any incision I make on the face for maximum benefit to the healing result.

For some scars, the Fraxel laser needs to be used at a higher energy setting to be effective. Immediately after the treatments, this leaves the skin dark red, and usually needs to be protected with some ointment to prevent crusting. Three to four days is necessary for the immediate healing, but it may take two to three weeks for the redness to fade to pink.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon