Is Latisse Recommended Post Brow Transplant To Increase Results?

After brow transplant, and all the short stubby hair falls out as if nothing was ever done. During that period, can latisse be used to help with the hair regrowth process? Or would it not make a difference?

Latisse For Eyebrows

+1

Although using Latisse for eyebrows is considered an off-label use, many patients have reported positive results by applying it to their brows. However, since this application is not approved by the FDA, some physicians are reluctant to recommend this usage. Others will prescribe Latisse at their discretion when other treatments fail. Rogaine and Propecia are FDA approved to address general hair loss. You should speak to your  physician about what he or she would recommend for you.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse has been proven to be effective for eyebrow hairs

+1

Latisse was shown to be effective in the treatment of eyebrow hairs in the January, 2012 issue of the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. In this study, Latisse was applied to the base of the eyebrow hairs every other day.  The treatment caused increased eyebrow density, hair length, and darker color. I recommend you give it a try for several months to see if it works for you.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for eyelashes

+1

Latisse is approved for eyelashes. There are some anecdotal reports but no published arties on it's use elsewhere. 

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse to Stimulate Eyebrow Transplant Growth

+1

Latisse is promoted by the Allergan Corporation to stimulate eyelash growth. Some of my patients have successfully used this product to improve eyebrow hair growth, but I'm not aware of any studies to determine the efficacy of using Latisse after hair transplants to the brows. I cannot say if it will be beneficial, but it is unlikely it will do any harm.

Eyebrows

+1

I think you question goes into unchartered waters. The first question to resolve is did the graft survive? If so did the hair follicles survive? Latisse should help once you begin viable hair growth. This would be a good question for hair transplant doctors.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD