Post Brow Lift Itching and Pain. What Can I Do?

Had a brow llift 8 weeks ago with endotine implants. Have constant itching in forehead and scalp. Also, shooting pains in scalp mainly from incision points. What can be done?

Itching

+2

Itching after surgery can be a sign of healing. As the endotines dissolve some patients have these sensations. A cream or injection may help. See your surgeon

Itching After Browlift

+2

The symptoms you are having can be quite common given you are only two months post procedure.  The "shooting pains" are probably related to nerve regeneration from the surgery and the itching due to healing.  Please consult with your physician for a check up to ensure that you are healing as planned.   He/she may discuss over the counter, topical medications or even injections to help with your symptoms.

Post Brow Lift Itching and Pain

+2

As part of the recovery itching and numbness is normal and can last up to 12 weeks. The shooting pain can be the result of nerve disruption during the procedure, I would contact your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Itching and pain following brow lift

+2

I would first recommend seeking the advice of your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure.  Any residual pain associated with the procedure can usually be controlled with an over the counter medication, and your surgeon may be able to recommend a topical cream that helps relieve the symptoms you describe.  Sometimes people will have a condition call neuropathic pain.  In these instances, I may prescribe medications such as Neurotin, Lyrica and others.  I would talk with your doctor about these possibilities.

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

It's not unusual to have some type of altered sensation temporarily after a Brow Lift however, using fixation with endotine, sutures or hooks can also lead to localized irritation and discomfort.  You might want to go back to the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that performed your Brow Lift for an evaluation.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Post Brow Lift Itching

+2
It is not uncommon to have some itching with a brow lift. This was a common complaint during the days of direct lifts and has reduced immensely with the endoscopic technique. Sometimes benadryl can help alleviate some itching. As far as the shooting pains you describe sometimes these are related to nerve rejuvenation. I would suggest a check up appointment as soon as possible with your surgeon to review your current concerns. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

"time heals all wounds"

+1

So itching and shooting pains is a sign of healing skin and nerves. Time is your best friend. However, if the pain is unbearable, sometimes steroid injections might help. A steroid cream might also help the itching.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon