Post Breast Reduction Surgery Infection?

I had bilateral breast reduction 3 weeks ago. Monday I noticed both breasts were red after a week of applying cocoa butter daily 24/7. However I had worn a bra that had been soaked in oxiclean so I thought I had a reaction to the bra. Nurse advised me to stop the cocoa butter and start using hydrocortisone. Have been applying 2x daily for four days. Both breasts are still red, warm to the touch and hard. Would both breast get infected at the same time? Should i do anything before Monday?

Infection post reduction

+1

This is unusual.If you do not have a fever I would think it may be a contact dermatitis rather than an infection.I would go back to yoru surgeon and have him evaluate it.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Infection after breast reduction is very uncommon but should be taken seriously.

+1

It is impossible to tell from the description whether or not the patient has an infection. This should be evaluated by a surgeon familiar with the condition. The sooner your scene the better.

Possible infection following breast reduction surgery

+1

If you have concerns then you should be evaluated.  It is possible that the redness you have noticed is due to dependent swelling.  If the redness is expanding and you have a fever and chills then you need to be checked and may need to be back on antibiotics.  

Breast Reduction and Infection

+1

Infection could happen at 3 weeksA hypersensitivity reaction may not quiet down for several days to a week.    This creates a predicament for you, because the signs and symptoms can look similar.  Oral antibiotics could be administered, but an exam would be necessary.