Post Breast Reduction Size?

I am less the one week post breast reduction (too early to judge size, I know). I have just been hearing from others who say they did not get down to the size they were hoping for. I just need a little reassurance/size prediction. Pre-surgery I was wearing a 32E, but doc said I was more like a full F. He removed a little more than 400g of tissue from each side (there was no fat). Does this sound like I might reach my desired C cup. How long until I will be able to see the final size.

Breast Reduction Size

+1

The size after most reductions varies from C to D.  Depending upon how the skin redrapes and the contour looks, the plastic surgeon makes judgements on what is the best looking breast as well.  400 g may not get you to a C but it may be a D.

Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure.

Unfortunately, despite your understandable curiosity,it  is impossible to predict precise cup size size you will achieve after the breast reduction procedure. I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and wait for approximately 6 months before evaluating the end results of surgery ( and going bra shopping).  You will find that over the course of the next several months, the breasts will change in size and shape.

I would also suggest that you do not base your satisfaction with the outcome of surgery on achieving a specific cup size; as you know, bra  cup sizes may vary significantly from one manufacturer to another.

Hopefully, you will be very pleased with the outcome of surgery ( based on relief of symptoms and/or improvement of proportionality of your torso)  in the long-term.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Breast Reduction Final Breast Size

+1

It takes 3 months for all of the swelling to resolve from a breast reduction to determine your final size.  Cup size is a poor measurement of breast size and unfortunately is not standardized.  For example, bra sizes at Victoria Secret are different from bra sizes at Macy's.  With that being said, your thorax diamater of 32 indicates that you have a small frame and 400g reduction per side is a moderate reduction.  

Best wishes with your recovery!

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Predicting size of breast after surgery

+1

You are right in thinking that it is too early to judge size.

400g sounds a little on the short side to achieve a 'C' from 'F'. But, there are many factors to consider, including your height, breast dimensions and tissue density. The surgeon also needs to keep enough tissue in to maintain the blood supply and nerve supply to the nipple/areola.

It is best to wait for a few months and hope that you will be happy with the outcome.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and volume

+1

Without an exam, I would not have a good idea to where you are now without an exam.  Best to speak with your surgeon.