Best Post Breast Reduction Bras

I had breast reduction surgery 1 week ago and am very pleased with the results. I went shopping for my 1st post-op bra and they measured me at a 40DDD. How can that be? I wore wrong size before but dr. said I was about an E cup. When I try on these bras they are too big.

Can you recommend a great bra to shape my breasts? The one I bought and started wearing is wire free but looks like a sports bra. Dr. said I need to get one with more shaping. Thanks!

Bras after reduction

Every surgeon has different post-operative instructions for their patients to follow.  A prefer a non-wire bra until everything is healed well usually 2-3 months. 

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Post breast reduction bras

There are many different opinions for bra wear and it may depend on the technique used. In patients with an anchor incision, I generally avoid any bra for about 2 weeks and have patients wear a camisole with shelf bra to minimize irritation to the incision. However, in vertical type reductions, I prefer the use of an IPEX or Biofit type bra that provides uniform support over the entire lower pole of the breast wtih a protective dressing if necessary (i.e., telfa)

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Bra Shopping after Breast Reduction?

I would suggest you wait at least 6 months before shopping for expensive bras. Your breasts will continue to change  for many months (and even up to a year)  after breast reduction surgery.

Enjoy the changes brought about by the breast reduction surgery.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942