Post Breast Reduction Axillary Removal?

What is a reasonable fee for either a combination of lipo and excision or excision alone? Am I correct that this would need to be performed under general anesthesia? Thank you!

Axillary breast tissue most often requires excision, not liposuction, and can be performed with local anesthesia.

Excessive axillary breast tissue can be problematic. Since it is mostly glandular, liposuction alone seldom works. Direct excision many times can be performed with local anesthesia only.

Axillary breast tissue

Axillary breast tissue is glandular inmost cases and requires direct excision. Liposuction will probably  not help.  The fee will vary from state to state.

Post Breast Reduction Axillary Removal?

Thank you for the question. You are correct in that this area of fullness tends to consist of mainly breast tissue. In my experience, it is best treated ( for most patients) with direct excision of the “excess” skin and breast tissue. Liposuction surgery alone will likely not be as effective and/or may leave you with continued excess/irregular skin.
Placement of the incision line in the hair bearing axillary area is one of the keys to success; keeping the resulting scar as hidden as possible is important to most patients.

Extra tissue under arms after breast reduction or breast lift

Extra tissue under the arms can be addressed with liposuction or direct removal depending on the circumstance. This can be done without going to sleep in some situations which would obviously reduce the cost to the 1500-2500 range.

Louis Potyondy, MD
Tacoma Plastic Surgeon

Axillary Tissue Removal

If the tissue is above or along the pec tendon, the area can be liposuctioned.   If it is true axillary tissue, this may be a combination of breast tissue, lymphatic tissue and fat.  If the area is lower, it may amenable to liposuction and/or excision. You really need an exam to sort this out.