Post Bad-labiaplasty Correction Surgery, How Long It Stays?

Hello. Previously, I've asked about what can be done if a doctor did bad labiaplasty. I've managed to contact doctors in U.S that are able to do the reconstruction after bad labiaplasty. To avoid doctor's direct interest in getting us as a patient, I would like to ask you, who's not involved - The material used to reconstruct labia (fat or something else) how long it stays? only few years? means correct must be done again? That's what I heard. It's not forever lasting, and req. corrections :(

Labiaplasty revision expert in Los Angeles

+1

Labiaplasty revision is a meticulous discipline and requires tissue reconstruction with fat or with labial flaps.  Both require some period of recovery and may indeed be longlasting in terms of results. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Post Bad-labiaplasty Correction Surgery

+1

The type of reconstruction depends on the abnormality. I cannot judge what I would do without photos. I rarely use fat to recreate labia. Instead, I move the local tissues around.  The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction.  I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago.  You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance. For example, I invented the technique of using skin from the sides of your clitoral hood to make into labia.  I have done this about 30 times with excellent results.  Reconstruction using your own local tissue is permanent and usually gives a much more normal appearance.

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labia Reconstruction

+1

Hello. Usually, fat is used to reconstruct the labia and about 30% of the fat is expected to reabsorb into the body within the first three to six months. To accommodate for this loss, the surgeon will over-inject the area. Unless the initial loss is over 40%, which is very rare, the procedure should not need to be done again as the remaining fat is there to stay. Be sure that you have the procedure done by a board certified plastic surgeon to avoid complications.

Jaime Perez, MD
Labiaplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Reconstructing labia after overzealous reduction

+1

can be done but the method of repair depends on what the problem is.  If your labia majora are deficient, stretching or fat grafting can be done to improve the fullness and ability to cover the minora.  I cannot imagine minora excisions be excessive as most surgeons are conservative when it comes to that but again, you have to show the problem for a plan to be devised and there are many techniques available.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labia injectibles

+1

Hyaluronic acid injections (Restylane and Juvederm) are definately temporary and will need to be repeated...Fat injections may last longer, but the survival will depend on the technique and how your body heals...you may have a much longer lasting result even if it is not permanent.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon