Possilbe for the So Called Hook Nose to Return After Septorhinoplasty?

recently i had septorhinoplasty, my septum was corrected, i had a large so called hook shaped nose with a big dorsal bump, which i was told by the surgeon it was a fracture as i broke my nose at 14 and didn't do anything about it,and my tip was down turned, nose from profile looked sort of D shaped when i would smile. the surgeon has removed the bump and has turned up my tip, i wanted my tip left downturned and is shorter and pointer, is it possible for my tip to drop back into the hook position

Wanted Tip Downturned

+1

Having a downturned tip is generally not considered a goal of rhinoplasty, but every patient is different.  You should talk to your surgeon about what was done and the likelihood of achieving your goal.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty issues

+1

It is not likely that if your tip has been brought up that it would go back down after surgery. It may change a little as the swelling goes away.

Post rhinoplasty changes can occur

+1

After rhinoplasty surgery some changes can occur.  The nose changes and heals for one full year after the procedure, but after a few months you have some idea of where the tip will settle.  Occasionally the tip can drop dramatically needing a secondary procedure.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Droop

+1

Over time the tip of the nose may begin to slide back down.  It depends on what was done by the primary surgeon.  It may not happen for several months and it may not be to the degree that you originally had.  In patients whom we do not want to have any tip droop postoperatively, we typically perform several maneuvers to support the tip.  If it does not relax, you can consider a revision rhinoplasty.  You should consult a physician that specializes in revision rhinoplasty as this is a very challenging field.  We provide this service at VIP Plastic Surgery we have helped many patients achieve a natural look after unfavorable plastic surgery.   You will have to wait at least one year after your first surgery before we will consider revision rhinoplasty. 

Christopher Khorsandi, MD