Could I Possibly Get a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am wondering if i got down to 200-205lbs would a tummy tuck is possible? I am 25 yrs old and weighing in at 223 right now. First let me start off by saying that this is the most I have ever weighed but my normal weight(for over 8 yrs) has been around 200-205. I have never had any health problems what so ever and have a good cholesterol level of 140. As you can see i am very wide with a VERY high waste line(above my belly button). I am also done having kids.Is this possible for me?

You can get a tummy tuck!

+3

Looking at your pictures, you are a candidate for a tummy tuck.   Obviously the more weight you lose potentially the better results.  The excess skin on the side might be a problem and I would recommend considering a beltectomy.  A healthy amount of liposuction of your back and sides would round out the procedure.

Good luck loosing the weight, and good luck with your surgery!!

SIncerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Overweight patients can do well with tummy tuck.

+2

Hi.

1)  You look like you would get major improvement with a tummy tuck.  Having a flat stomach can be an incentive for more weight loss, because you feel better about yourself.

2)  We recommend doing a tummy tuck with blood thinners on a patient like you to make sure of safety.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tummy Tuck With Possible Lower Body Lift and Liposuction

+2

When you get to your ideal weight of 200-205lbs., you will be an excellent candidate for an abdominalplasty, or tummy tuck.  In this operation, you will be able to repair your separated abdominal muscles, known as rectus diastasis.  A great deal of your excess skin can be removed and your belly button, or umbilicus, can be brought out through skin with less or no stretch marks.

A lower body lift, or beltlipectomy, is the backside of a tummy tuck and would lift the loose skin on your lateral thighs and on your buttocks.  This may or may not be necessary.

Liposuction of the: area under your bra, which I refer to as the mid-back, and muffin tops, which I refer to as hips, can be done at the same time and improve the quality of your results.

This is a "go for it" situation.  Choose a board-certified plastic surgeon in your neighborhood and enjoy the new smaller body you're about to receive.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck question

+2

I agree with the other responses that you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Should you change your mind and have more children in the future after a tummy tuck you may need further surgery. Your surgery would also include liposuction of the trunk and waist to improve your contour. I hope this helps and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Could I Possibly Get a Tummy Tuck?

+2

Thanks for your question and photos. Anatomically, you look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Almost no one gets as much improvement as the patient with overhanging skin. 

If you can get down to your "normal weight" you are more likely to have a maximum improvement, and less likely to have wound healing complications. 

Good luck. 

Options for abdominal improvement

+1

Hi there-

From the photos you sent, it looks like you would be a good candidate for improvement in your body contour.

I would be more cautious about recommending a particular procedure without meeting with you to discuss specifics of your goals, perform an examination, and review the pros and cons of the various options available to you.

Your best bet is to visit a few excellent surgeons and communicate carefully.

Choose your surgeon well, and for the right reasons, and the other decisions will easily fall into place.

Armando Soto, MD

Yes, a full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Yes, a full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Candidate for tummy tuck?

+1

Hi, based on your pictures you could very well be a candidate for a full tummy tuck, but you need to lose whatever weight you are planning on losing and you need to be able to maintain the new weight for a few months before the surgery.

please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to be examined and to learn more about the tummy tuck procedure.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Could I Possibly Get a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Based upon your posted photos and description YES I would do a full tummy tuck with muscle repair on you. Maybe even a little hip liposuction.., Best 

Could I Possibly Get a Tummy Tuck?

+1

You are definitely a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Although you would get an even better result in terms of a tighter, flatter tummy after some additional weight loss, you look like you would still see a significant improvement at your current weight.  Although some plastic surgeons do remove extra thickness of fat throughout the tummy by liposuction at the time of a tummy tuck, many of us do not want to take the risk that this could lead to a higher risk of blood supply problems to the skin and subsequent healing problems, skin loss, etc.  Therefore, we will often perform liposuction contouring at an initial stage to thin out the tummy and follow this will a full tummy tuck to remove the loose skin a few months later.  It comes down to what will give you the best result in the safest manner.

Robert M. Grenley, MD