What Should I Possibly Expect For My Tummy Tuck Results If I Keep Losing Weight? (photo)

I am 26 yrs old & have had 2 C-sections. I'm 5'4" exactly, 185lbs & have a good amount of muscle from working out throughout my life. Since I had my babies, I found that I can lose weight everywhere BUT my 'fat roll' that hangs over like a flap of skin. I have continued to lose weight and will continue even after my TT. I was 145lbs at my comfortable weight and would like to eventually get there. My question is, what can I expect to have after my TT now & later if I do lose more?

Losing significant weight after Tummy Tuck can harm your result,loosen skin

+5

It is always best to lose the maximum amount of planned weight loss before having a Tummy Tuck.

If you lose significant weight-10 ponds in Petite frame, 15-20 pound in heavier frame, the skin will become lax again after the fat is gone and the tightness of the abdomen will be lost.

I know it is difficult to wait, but you will be rewarded with a better result if you achieve your planned and desiored weight loss before your Tummy Tuck

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty/

Expectations for tummy tuck

+4

Thank you for your question and the photos. You can expect a tummy that is flatter, does not have a roll, tightened muscles underneath, and removal of excess skin and stretch marks. The results will be better if your weight is 145 than if it is 185.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Best weight for Tummy Tuck Depends on an Honest Evaluation of your Lifestyle

+4

Hi there-

In the ideal world, you would be able to return to 145 pounds easily and have absolutely no trouble maintaining the lifestyle necessary to get you there for the rest of your life. In this ideal world, it would be best for you to not have surgery until you were stable at 145 pounds for at least a few months. You could then expect a great outcome.

The trouble is that the demands of everyday life and the inevitable slowing of our metabolism make maintaining our perfect weight very difficult or impossible. Furthermore, it would not be in your best interests to pursue a lifestyle that allows you to achieve a weight of 145 pounds if it is not truly safe and realistic for you to maintain that lifestyle for the remainder of your life.

In other words, crash dieting and exercising more than you can over the long term in order to have your procedure is not any better than having it at an excessively heavy weight.

The best, most reasonable advice I can give you is to ignore the number on the scale, and focus on your lifestyle. Identify the nutrition and exercise regimen that you think is reasonable and honestly believe you can maintain over the long term. Once you're living the lifestyle you will be leading over the long term, wait for your body to settle at whatever weight you settle at. If it's 145, great! But don't stress if it's not.

Whatever weight you plateau at, that is probably the best weight for you to be at the time of your surgery.

Remember, though, that most reputable surgeons won't want to operate on you until you have been stable (at whatever weight) for at least a few months.

Web reference: http://www.MommyMakeoverOrlando.com

Lose weight first

+3

No doubt that losing the most weight that you can will give you the best result post tummy tuck.  The skin excess will better to correct for after weight loss has reached maximum.  The other big issue that you need to think about since you are only 26 is whether you are done having kids.  Make sure you are not planning to get pregnant again before having any surgery to correct this area. Good luck!

Dr. Vasisht- South Shore Plastic Surgery

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss and Tummy Tuck Results?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is not necessary to reach a certain weight ( the number is not of primary importance),  it will be in your best interest to reach a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing tummy tuck surgery. It will also be important to maintain this long-term stable weight after the tummy tuck surgery.

If you undergo the tummy tuck surgery prior to reaching this long-term stable weight, your chances are increased that further surgery will be necessary ( once you lose additional weight after the surgery is completed).

If you are able to postpone the surgery until  you have achieved further weight loss,  you will likely be happier with the end results of surgery and less likely to require further surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Weight loss and tummy tuck surgery

+3

In general, it is best for potential tummy tuck patients to be at or near their "goal" body weight.  The benefits of being close to that weight include: 1. Decreased risk of surgery  2. Improved results  3. Lower chance that a revision will be required  4. Potential for improved healing.   We all realize that getting to that ideal weight can be extremely challenging and frustrating.  There are, therefore, certain patients that I will consider for abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) despite being overweight.  I try to evaluate each patient individually and provide them with enough information and advice to make an informed decision.  Based on your photograph, I would strongly encourage you to lose some more weight before proceeding with a tummy tuck.  Best wishes.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What Bra Size Will I End After a Breast Reduction? I Am a DD Cup. (photo)

+3

Thanks for the posted photos. Attaining a lower weight allows for better healing, less risks, better result. Discuss with your chosen surgeon in detail prior to having this operation. 

Courage to lose weight before tummy tuck

+3

It seems you are stuck with the concern that the skin fold will be worse as you continue to lose weight, and wish to have the tummy tuck now to keep from getting worse. You have done well so far and must maintain the courage to lose the rest of the weight before. Ignore the skin fold as it soon will be gone, and then you can enjoy the best result possible.

Peter Johnson, MD

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Weight Loss Before a Tummy Tuck

+3

When a patient asks me whether or not they need to loose weight befoe having a tummy tuck , my answer is not always the same.  If you find losing weight to be easy for you I suggest losing ahead of time in order to get your best result.  On the other hand, if I have patients that have tried and failed to lose weight and know that weight reduction is unlikely, I see no reason for them to punish themselves by denying a tummy tuck.  So I will do a tummy tuck on certain overweight people  as long as they fully understand the choice.  It sounds like you are on a roll with your dieting, so keep it up before having surgery.

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd,com

Tummy tuck during weight loss

+3
Congratulations on your weight loss. You should try to return to a weight with which you are comfortable prior to having a tummy tuck. If you continue to lose weight afterwards, the remaining skin will sag and the result will be affected. The degree to which this may happen can't be predicted in advance but I think, if you are planning to lose another 40 pounds, that you should try to get closer to your target weight before proceeding