Possible to Remove Pink Tattoo?

I got the tattoo 4 days ago and am deeply regretting it. I have been crying everyday and want it to be gone. I was just wondering if pink tattoo ink is easier to remove than yellows or greens? and generally does it get removed completely? I'M SO SCARED! I can't have this on me forever, (I thought I was going to love it, not regret it) seeing my dr. today about prescribing anxiety medication.

Will the medlite c6 laser be helpful in removing pink and black ink? Any information about pink tattoo removal would be greatly appreciated!

Ideal tattoos for tattoo removal

+3

Ideally, it is easiest to remove a tattoo shortly after it is placed. We prefer to remove fresh tattoos whenever possible.

The colors you are describing are easier to remove than blue, blue-green, green and yellow inks. Reds and shades thereof and blacks are the easiest to remove.

It generally takes multiple treatment sessions but you should be able to completely remove the tattoo. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo removal

+2

You are not alone. An estimated 20 million Americans sport tattoos. Laser technology has made great strides in eliminating tattoos. The laser's short pulses of intense light pass harmlessly through the top layers of the skin and are absorbed by the tattoo pigment. This causes the tattoo pigment to fragment into smaller particles that are then removed by the body's immune system. With the array of state-of-the-art lasers, these all help to remove tattoos of all colors, shapes, and sizes, but it will take several treatments.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Pinks and Yellows are the hardest tattoo colors to remove

+2

Unfortunately, because pinks and also yellows are the closest colors to natural skin color in caucasions, and lasers are designed not to damage skin, lasers do not remove these colors well.  If they did, they would burn your skin as well.  Blues and blacks are the easiest colors to remove, followed by greens and then reds. 

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon