Possibility of Gaining Facial Fat After Facial Lipo

Its 5 weeks post facial lipo and chin implant.i have adjusted to the new look but still want some fat below my cheeks naturally.my doc assured that i can still gain fat there.but how?he also said there is still some swelling and my face will even out.my question can i really still gain fat on my liposuctioned areas?how?believe me i'll be happy if its for real. Thank you

Facial liposuction

+1

It is difficult to know exactly what procedure you had done, but if you are asking if the exact area in the face that underwent liposuction, could gain weight, the answer is yes.  liposuction does not remove all the fat so residual fat cells can enlarge as more fat is consumed in the diet.

Fat in face

+1

It is unclear from your description what parts of your face were suctioned.  If you had suctioning of your neck, then certainly weight gain mayt lead to more fullness in the cheeks. But otherwise, I am not exactly sure what you are asking. 

Gaining fat after liposuction?

+1

Do you feel that you had too much lipo on your face?  Do you wish that you had more fat left behind?  If that is the case then I am afraid you have a case of overly aggressive liposuction which is very difficult to correct.  While it is true that there are fat cells still left behind in the liposuction areas.. proportionally it's less than the surrounding area... so if you gain weight the other areas will gain weight as well and the liposuctioned area will always be proportionately smaller.

The issues of evening out... yes it takes time for all the swelling to settle down.  In general I ask my patients to wait for 3 months before they see the final results.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Gaining fat after liposuction

+1
Liposuction does not remove every fat cell, just some of them. It is always possible to regain weight in suctioned areas. Usually this is the bad news, but I guess it is good news to you.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Suction of the face (not the neck) is usually a bad idea.

+1

Fat loss accompanies aging.  Removal by suction is generally not a solution to most aesthetic problems.  If the fat in your face was removed, it is doubtful that it will return.