Possibilities Regarding Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

I'm a Caucasian male and have that "droopy eyelid" thing going on. I'm only 17 going on 18 and have thought about surgery regarding this for years so it's no sudden impulse. The results I want is just a clear, full but not high, eyelid crease that follows an even arch around more upper lashes (I would say 2-3mm above). Is this an unrealistic demand? There appears to be enough fat above my eye for quite a liberal amount of shaping but I don't want it all sucked out and made to look hollow.

Combination of surgeries may give best results

+2

Even though this type of surgery is typically used for older adults, it is warranted at a younger age for some patients and it sounds like you would be a candidate.  2-3 mm of skin being removed is not unrealistic, however, I feel like in this case the muscle may need to be shortened to help decrease the heaviness.  These two procedures done together could give you the results you are looking for.  The best thing for you to do is to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of early genetic upper eyelid drooping

+2

While upper eyelid (blepharoplasty) surgery is generally performed in older adults, there are times when it is appropriate to perform in younger patients. From looking at your photos, you certainly would benefit from a conservative excision of upper eyelid skin. Depending on the eyelids, which are best evaluated in person, I will sometimes excise a small amount of eyelid muscle (to decrease heaviness and bulk) or fat (to decrease a bulge on the inside of the eyelid). With male eyelid surgery, it is extremely important to keep the eyelid looking masculine and avoid a hollow, feminine eyelid. Consequently, it is preferable to err on the conservative side. One can always take out more, but it is extremely difficult to add skin to a hollowed-out eyelid, such as Kenny Rogers.

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options to help with droopy eyelids

+2

At 17 years old, your issue with droopy eyelids is most likely hereditary in nature.  There are generally two methods that help with droopy eyelids.  The first would be raising the eyebrows and the second would be removing some of the skin on the upper eyelid.  Removing the skin on the upper eyelid can only be done with surgery.  Raising the eyebrows is done primarily with surgery, but to a lesser extent, can sometimes be done with Botox or Dysport injections.  In a man, the eyebrows should generally not be raised very high, or it can feminize the face.  I would recommend seeing a facial plastic or plastic surgeon for a consultation and seeing if you would possibly be a candidate for any of these procedures.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty in a younger patient

+1

Hello 'paraparapo', thanks for your question.  Although it is true that most blepharoplasties (eyelid lift surgeries) are performed in older individuals due to the skin droop and laxity that occur with aging, as well as the herniation of fat pads, there is a group of younger people such as yourself who have excessive swelling and fullness around the eyes.  This condition is called blepharochalasis and can be a source of concern, both functionally and cosmetically, for patients. I think you are a good candidate for a blepharoplasty procedure that can significantly address the concerns that you have.  If you are interested in pursuing surgical improvement to your eyelids, I recommend consulting with your local board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to help you achieve your goals.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon