Is It Possable to Remove Excess Skin Alone After Having a TT 3 Years Ago? (photo)

I had a TT 3 years ago, my stomach is flat, but I have some loose stretch marked skin on my lower abdominal and hips. Could that be removed? And my scar lowered a bit?

Is It Possible to Remove Excess Skin Alone After Having a TT 3 Years Ago?

+2

I am surprised how much excess there is based on the first photo. 

Yes, it is possible to do this. Furthermore, since your current incision is quite high, the scar can be made considerably lower and easier to conceal. All the best. 

Secondary skin removal after abdominoplasty is most unusual.

+1

I'm not sure in your case it would be worth it but it is possible to remove some additional skin after in abdominoplasty. You could take the opportunity to have the surgeon lower the scar closer to the pubic area.

Is It Possable to Remove Excess Skin Alone After Having a TT 3 Years Ago?

+1

Dear xan,

Thank you for your post.  Yes, this excess skin can be removed and your scar lowered dramatically.  I highly recommend a revision.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Both of these things can be accomplished in the right hands.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and tummy tuck revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

AFTER TT 3 years ago

+1

It is    true    that   your   scar    is  very high   it   can   be  lowered   significanly     ,   this    will  help remove    extra  skin  and  some   strech marks  left .

Cynthia Disla, MD

High incision following tummy tuck

+1

Your incision is very high and will be hard to hide in most clothes. I always teach residents to keep the incision very low in order for it to be less conspicuous. You also appear to have a large amount of skin following your procedure. You need a redo tummy tuck with aggressive skin removal and lowering of the incision. Unfortunately, I don't think the new incision will ever be low enough. Good luck.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin removed post tummy tuck

+1

Yes the excess skin can be removed and the scar may be able to be lowered somewhat. I am not sure why your scar is so high, but you are still left with so much laxity. I would go for a consultation with a new plastic surgeon to get an opinion.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

+1

Why was the incision placed SOOOO high???? Can you obtain your before photos so we can compare???