Is It Possable to Go from a K to a C in Cup Size?

I have had large breasts since I was 12 with a d cup and have always wanted smaller breasts I am now 26 and they seem to have finally stopped growing. What needs to be done in general to reduce the weight and size if scaring is not an issue, (I am desperate, I have DDD and Spinal Stenosis and cant take the weight anymore).

Breast reduction

+2

It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. This could reduce your size to whatever you wanted. It can be done as an outpatient with recovery usually of one week. We usually try and pre-authorize the cost by sending in a request with your photographs to your insurance carrier. Watch my video on a breast reduction. The main negative are usually the scars. Breast feeding and sensation is lost in about half of the patients that undergo breast reduction.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery question

+1

It sounds like you have been dealing with  breast hypertrophy (breasts too large for your frame) for many years. This problem can cause significant physical and psychological distress for young ladies. Breast reduction surgery is an operation that is associated with a very high patient satisfaction rate (usually almost instantaneous gratification).

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss options.  Communicate your goals clearly;  I would suggest that you do not base your communication on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, cup sizes will vary from one brawl manufacturer to another.  Therefore, a discussion based on achieving a specific cup size can be misleading and/or the source of miscommunication/dissatisfaction.

For most patients, I recommend that they try to decrease the size of the breasts such that symptoms are relieved as much as possible;  yet the breast  size remains proportionate to the remainder of their torso. Goal pictures may be helpful during this communication process.

Breast reduction

+1

It sounds like you are a good candidate for abreast reduction.  There are many different types of reductions which vary mainly in the scars that result.  Most of the time an "anchor" shaped scar is used if the reduction is of a significant magnitude.  YOu should familiarize yourself with the procedures available and consult with a boars certified plastic surgeon.  also, insurance may cover the cost of the surgery and you should check with your insurance company about this.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast reduction

+1

If you are symptomativ with back and neck pain from your very larger breasts, you may be a good candidate for a breast reduction. Going for a consultation with a plastic surgeon is a good first step.  Good luck.

Breast reduction options

+1

It sounds as though you are a good candidate but you should meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can review your history, examine you, and then go over your options for treatment. I hope  this helps. Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Have a reduction

+1

This is a huge problem for women with such large breasts.  You need to see a board certified 

plastic surgeon about having a reduction mammaplasty.  You can choose the size you want.

I recommend to my patients to visit several plastic surgery web sites to look at before and

after photos of breast reduction cases to get an idea of what you want for yourself.

You realize there will be scars, so that is not an issue.  My breast reduction patients are

the most grateful of all of my patients.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Breast reduction

+1
You sound like a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. This is an operation with an extremely high patient satisfaction rate. See a board certified platic surgeon in consultation to discuss your options and, to expedite the preauthorization process, bring all your records of treatment for the spinal stenosis with you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD