Positive Effects of Pharmaceutical Grade Facial Silicone Injections

Many people I know are looking for permanent facial fillers--for obvious reasons. Can a facelift be done with such fillers; and what other fillers, if any, can be used with, for example, silicone, including site of such injection? The procedures are done by qualified practitioners and proper quality filler used. Thank you.

Silikon-1000 can be safely used, only by experienced physicians, as a permanent wrinkle filler

+2

Silikon-1000 is a permanent filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. You must find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion to permanently reduce the appearance of your wrinkles. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

Problems with Silikon-1000 injections are infrequent, and include visible bumps or nodules at the sites of injection. This may occur in 3% of patients injected. This is typically from overcorrection, or injecting too superficially. Most silicone bumps are easily treated with dilute triamcinolone injections, or sometimes light electrosurgery.

In my experience, Silikon-1000 does not migrate, and the overwhelming majority of my patients are thrilled with their results.

I've attached a link to my Silikon-1000 photos for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silcone facial injections for permanent filler results

+2

At the present time, there are no popular permanent or long term fillers approved by the FDA for facial augmentation. This is not to say that there are none whatsoever. For example, Artefill is approved for long term reults but it remains a relatively unpopular option. In fact the company that introduced reportedly filed for bankruptcy.
Silicone injections are performed but not in volumes sufficient to achieve a facelift.

Forget the positive effects of liquid silicone and be afraid of the negative ones

+2

Every experienced plastic surgeon has seen patients with extremely difficult problems from the injection of liquid silicone. Chronic infection, lumps and bumps etc are all very hard, if not impossible, to totally resolve.

You can achieve a "liquid facelift" with the combination of Botox and temporary fillers if your face needs volume enhancement and doesn't have too much lax skin. If this is the case, you need a surgical facelift.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Silicone is permanent and an ideal filler

+1

Liquid injectable silicone (Silikon-1000) is a permanent filler, and in the right hands, is an ideal filler. In addition to being permanent, it is very precise and can be used to for volumizing, filling aging grooves, correcting acne scarring, and filling facial scars and contour deformities. It is also the ideal filler for a non-surgical rhinoplasty.

When using liquid injectable silicone, there is no need to harvest tissue from another site on your body or to test for a possible allergy. Silicone can be used alone or in conjunction with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as Botox, laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels or facial surgery, helping to create a rejuvenated, natural-looking, smooth appearance. And again, the results are permanent.

It is safe in the right hands which includes a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon who uses the multiple micro-droplet injection technique. The FDA has approved the use of silicone as a medical device; however it is an “off-label” use when used to fill wrinkles. This is something which your physician should discuss with you.

Problems with liquid injectable silicone are very infrequent, especially in the hands of a physician with experience injecting silicone. They can include visible nodules (bumps) at the sites of injection, which may occur in a very small percentage of patients injected. This is typically from injecting too superficially or from overcorrection (placing too much). Silicone does not shift or drift, or become hard.

Channing R. Barnett, MD