Excess Fat Grafting Under Eye/Malar Area. Shows when I Smile and Makes my Face More Uneven. Can an Excision Be Made?

It's 20 days since i've done a lateral canthopexy and malar fat grafting, took from my own body. Besides the eyes looking as they did before surgery (droopy and sad) now there's excess fat on the right side of my face in the malar area.it looks horrible and it shows even more when i smile. My plastic surgeon is a disaster and i wont think he'll do or have the capabilities to do better and remove the fat, what can i do now?what are my options?

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

With only 20 days since surgery,I would not consider any surgery. Some of the fat will resorb over the next few months. Give yourself some time to heal and keep in touch with your surgeon .

Be patient

+1

Fat grafting results are still in flux this early after surgery. The fat will likely still evolve/atrophy over a few more weeks. At about 3 months time you can more objectively evaluate the results.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the eyes

+1

Dear PollyBeak,

• It is still very early in the healing process and it is common to swell asymmetrically
  • Give it another several weeks (6 or so) and things will improve
  • If there is still excess fat, it can be removed with steroid injections, microliposuction or excision
  • Feel free to send pictures if you would like me to take a look

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

20 Days after Facial Fat Grafting

+1

Give the result some time to develop.  At 20 days you will likely lose additional volume.  I would wait 3 months and then you have a couple of options.  If amenable to microcannula liposuction, that is one.  The second would be direct excision from a lower eyelid approach.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Facial-Fat-Grafting-and-Stem-Cell-Rejuvenation.php