I have low eyebrows and saggy eyelids. Would a Botox brow lift work on me? (photo)

Hiya, my name is Lauren. I'm 18 years old. I would like to know if I would be suited for a botox eyebrow lift? Also, how long do you think it would last on me? Also would I benefit from an eyelid lift? I raise my eyebrows constantly because if I don't then sadly I have an angry appearance. This really distresses me.

Botox and Brow Lift

+1
Botox is a great injection and you can definitely add Botox in certain key areas of the brow to give them a lift.  However you did not include your eyes or eyebrows in the photo so no opinion can be given.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in Botox for the best cosmetic results.

Botox brow lift

+1
  • It is hard to advise you from this photograph,
  • But Botox under the outer 1/3 of the brow can lift the outer brow.
  • If this is what you want, consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to be treated. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

I have low eyebrows and saggy eyelids. Would a Botox brow lift work on me?

+1
A true A-P photograph would provide more information.Using Botox to adjust the eyebrow/eyelid position is an off label use but can be very effective.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift technique is effective in experienced hands

+1
Botox can be used to weaken the muscles that depress the brow's position - these are the muscles that surround the eyes and create 'row's feet' and the glabellar muscles that create the '11 lines' between the eyebrows. The muscles that create horizontal creases in the forehead (the frontalis muscles) are left untreated. It takes me about 40 units of Botox to do this treatment with good longevity (4 months or so).

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Botox for brows at age 18

+1
Hello, Lauren.  

Botox can be placed in such a way that it allows a subtle lift and curve of the brow, in experienced hands.

However, although you are looking down and we don't get a clear picture of the angry face you describe, you look very pretty and certainly not furrowed in this photo.  Are you certain that others perceive you as looking angry all the time? Have you talked to your friends about this, and your parents?

I am concerned that you may be being too critical of yourself.  I think if you can't talk to someone you know and trust to get their opinion, you might arrage a visit to the office of a dermatologist with a medical as well as cosmetic practice so that you can discuss this further.

Sheryl Clark, MD

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Need a consultation

+1
Hard to tell much from your photos.  You need a full series of photos and a consultation from a board certified (ABPS) to determine what is best.    My Best ,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+1
Thank you for the photo and question.  You can stretegically place Botox to soften a look, improve a harsh appearance, or raise the eyebrows a bit.  it is very common for even very young patients tobe treated with Botox conservatively for something like this.  There is no issue with doing this early on in life but do not be encouraged to treat her entire forehead, proceed, and frown area.  I would start out slow with conservative amounts of somewhere between 20 and 30 units to allow your brow to relax and raised slightly.  The photograph U provided doesn't give us much to go on as you are looking down and the photo is at an odd angle.  For improved response from the doctor's on realself.com take a  clear photograph of U looking straight ahead.  

In general you want to put the Botox in your proceed just under the eyebrows on the lateral aspect and in the frown area as these are depressor muscles for the brow that pulls it down.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+1
Thank you for the question and your picture. Small, carefully placed doses of Botox can help to raise the brow. A few more units between the brows can also help with the "angry" look. At your age, Botox is a better option than eyelid surgery. Take care. 

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox versus Brow lift

+1
Thank you for your question and including a picture.

Yes, small strategic doses of Botox or Dysport can temporarily elevate the position of your eyebrows on your forehead.  You probably don't need very much. The results usually last about 3-4 months.

No, I don't think an eyelid lift would help you because you don't have extra eyelid skin, you have a brow position that is congenitally too low on your forehead. The correct surgery for this is a brow lift, specifically an endoscopic brow lift, not eyelid lift.  You probably don't need an open brow lift nor the long scars associated with an open brow lift.

Obviously, this information is limited and based only on one picture.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation. 1. To make sure you are a good candidate, and 2. To make sure that is safe for you to have Botox and/or surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS