Portrait Plasma Treatment Work for Sun Damage?

i'm in my mid 30s and have sun damage (e.g., rough texture, dryness, thinning of the skin) on my facial skin. i can see my face has sagged quite a bit after years of exposure to the sun. i'm wondering if portrait plasma can improve those conditions and produce a relatively longer lasting results?

A great technology

+2

Portrait plasma skin regeneration (PSR) is a technology made by a company known as Rhytec and is designed for lower downtime, lower risk skin resurfacing. It can be done at low energy (PSR 1: virtually no downtime) or high energy (PSR 3: 1 week of downtime). The effect is dependent on using ionized Nitrogen gas (plasma) on the skin.

There is good news and bad news about this technology. The good news is that it is really very good at minimizing brown spots, treating lines and wrinkles, and producing firmer, healthier, tighter skin. It does so, in my experience with far less downtime and risk than laser treatments. The bad news: the company filed chapter 7 bankruptcy last November. Since the machine relies on disposable handpieces, this has been problematic for those who operate this dvice. However, by this Fall, avaialbility to a new supply of handpieces is expected.

PSR works very well at a low energy setting on the hands, neck, and chest.

Good luck!

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.